about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

project: easy felt valentine holder

doorknob hanger

One of the Christmas gifts I made for my brother was a felt pouch that hangs on his doorknob (his came with pencils in it!). It's quick to put together, and is a perfect place to hold the valentines that might be delivered around your house!

The first one of these I made had embroidery on the pocket, but when I found this trim that I forgot I had, I knew it needed to be used for this project. Aren't the little hearts just the sweetest?

doorknob hanger

Supplies:
Felt
Trim (twill tape, lace, ribbon, ric rac, eyelet)
Embroidery Floss
Template PDF

doorknob hanger

Use the templates to cut out the pieces from felt.

Along the front piece, stitch on some trim. You can also add some embroidery to the pocket if you'd like.

doorknob hanger

Stitch the two pieces together along the sides and bottom. Use a sewing machine, or do it by hand. As I'm partial to hand sewing, I used a running stitch with contrasting floss.

doorknob hanger
doorknob hanger

That's all there is to it! Hang it on a doorknob and wait for the love notes to come!

Be aware that this isn't designed to hold anything too heavy...the handle will stretch unless you reinforce it.

-----

Oh hey, remember my Cross-Stitch Handwarmers? They're up for voting on Instructables, and I'd really, REALLY love it if you voted for me. You'll find them here, and the voting link is next to the Valentine's Day banner. It would make me so happy to win an iPad, and trust me...I'd use it for all kinds of bloggy loveliness for you!

2 comments:

  1. o this is precious!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I want to make one for myself... think my husband will get the hint?

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!