about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // be my everything

Be My Everything


Sometimes you hear some words that you hold onto. Sometimes you need to hold onto them as a reminder. Sometimes they are the comfort you need. Sometimes they are exactly what you want to express. And as I've said before, I tend to want to make these words into embroidery patterns.

"Be my everything" are the words that have been playing in my head lately. They sound like something you say to your sweetheart and so it seemed logical to add some hearts to this design. It's perfect to stitch for a Valentine's Day gift for your special someone.

As a single gal, I'm stitching this for myself.

I know what you're thinking. "She wants to be her own everything?" While I suppose there are some who would try to make this be a thing, that's not what this is about for me. I'm stitching this for myself as a reminder of something for which I strive, and often fail.

You see, the words "be my everything" are part of a song that was in a church service recently. The song "Everything" by Tim Hughes is simple and it captures my desire for living this life with God. With Jesus. I encourage you to look it up and read through all of the lyrics, but here's a small sample:

God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my watching
God in my waiting

Be my everything

Of course, even though I want Him to be my everything, I let myself get in the way, making things about me and what I want. It's not always bad or wrong, but it does often distract me from Jesus as my everything. So I'm going to be stitching these words so I see them throughout my day. And so I can stitch my prayers for this right onto fabric and thread.

Whether you want a reminder for your own heart or a message for the one who holds your heart, I hope you enjoy stitching up these words!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts. Thank you for sharing.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!